Planning for retirement means something different for each one of us.
Consider your next chapter and the steps you'll take to bring your vision to life.
Answer these six questions and we’ll generate a tip-filled planner to help you make your retirement a reality.
Date of planner:Save/Print Planner
Taking care of yourself is a priority. You like to explore your surroundings, near or far. Your vacation home is where you really want to be. You like it when your surroundings are taken care of. Your friends and/or family are essential in your life.
Your mortgage may not yet be paid off. You are aware you need to cover your essentials. Health care is one of the things you think about. Helping others is a priority for you. Paying off debt may be getting in the way of saving.
49%Of retirees retire earlier than planned, mostly due to health or job-related reasons.1
93Age which couples have a 50% chance of reaching.2
$365KNeeded for Medigap and Medicare premiums, and other out-of-pocket expenses (excludes long-term care).3
6.9% vs 2.3% Balanced portfolio yield vs. the average individual investor.4
Use this planner to make your retirement a reality.
1. Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI), Retirement Confidence Survey: Many Workers Lack Retirement Confidence and Feel Stressed About Retirement Preparations, March 2017.
2. Annuity 2000 Mortality Tables.
3. Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI) Issue Brief No. 351, Funding Savings Needed for Health Expenses for Persons Eligible for Medicare, December 2010.
4. Past Performance does not guarantee future results. J.P. Morgan Asset Management; Dalbar Inc. Indexes used are as follows: REITS: NAREIT Equity REIT Index, EAFE: MSCI EAFE, Oil: WTI Index, Bonds: Barclays U.S. Aggregate Index, Homes: median sale price of existing single-family homes, Gold: USD/troy oz, Inflation: CPI 60/40: A balanced portfolio with 60% invested in S&P 500 Index and 40% invested in high quality U.S. fixed income, represented by the Barclays U.S. Aggregate Index. The portfolio is rebalanced annually. Average asset allocation investor return is based on an analysis by Dalbar, Inc., which utilizes the net of aggregate mutual fund sales, redemptions and exchanges each month as a measure of investor behavior. Returns are annualized (and total return where applicable) and represent the 20-year period ending 12/31/15 to match Dalbar’s most recent analysis. Guide to the Markets – U.S. Data are as of December 31, 2017.
5. LIMRA Secure Retirement Institute, “The Differences They Make: An Advisor, An Annuity, or a Formal Plan in a Retiree’s Life. A Study of Retirees,” 2017.
6. The Guardian Study of Financial and Emotional Confidence, 2021.
This material is intended for general public use. By providing this material, neither The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America nor any of its affiliates (“Guardian") are undertaking to provide legal, tax or investment advice for any specific individual or situation, or to otherwise act in a fiduciary capacity. Please contact your tax, investment or legal advisor for guidance and information specific to your individual situation. Guardian is not responsible for the consequences of any decisions or actions taken in reliance upon or as a result of the information provided by this material.
2022-143492 Exp. 9/24